Expert Mulch Installation Services for Properties in the Greater East Lansing, Michigan Area
Mulch is an essential natural element that provides a multitude of benefits to landscape beds and gardens.
Once you install new landscape plants and flowers, you want to make sure they stay protected year-round. Mulch is an earth-friendly type of ground cover that acts as a protective shield around your landscape plantings. As seasons change, weather conditions shift and can potentially cause damage to landscape beds and plants. Laying down a layer of mulch around these outdoor elements can ensure they stay protected and healthy year-round.
Our company possesses a high level of expertise in horticultural knowledge and landscape design. We provide expert mulch installation services to homes and businesses in East Lansing, Okemos, Haslett, MI, and nearby cities!
Mulch Installation Process
- Step 1 - Remove Existing Weeds: Removing existing weeds provides a healthy and conducive environment for landscape plants. We generally hand pull large weeds and spray the small ones.
- Step 2 - Clean Landscape Beds: The weed removal process can dirty up landscape beds so we make sure to remove debris such as dead leaves and twigs.
- Step 3 - Edge landscape Beds: We want landscape beds to remain nice and neat so we edge them before mulching to give the landscape a more polished look
- Step 4 - Pre-Emergent Treatment: In order to prevent weed seeds from germinating, we apply a pre-emergent to landscape beds.
- Step 5 - Mulch Installation: Finally, we install the mulch by hand. To help the soil retain moisture, we install mulch layers between 2 and 4 inches.
Common Mulch Options
We offer a variety of mulch types and colors to perfectly complement your current landscape design.
- Walnut Brown Mulch
- Hardwood Mulch
- Red Mulch
- Black Mulch
What landscape areas can you add mulch to?
Here are the most common landscape beds you can add mulch to:
- Annual Flowers
We offer an annual mulch refreshing service to our clients as mulch naturally breaks down into organic matter over time.
Benefits of Using Mulch
- The best aspect of mulch is its ability to retain moisture because it prevents landscape soil and roots from drying out.
- In the warmer seasons, scorching temperatures can cause a lack of moisture in landscape flowers and plants but mulch can add a cooling layer to protect plant roots during dry spells.
- Mulch provides a layer of insulation to plant beds in the winter when plants are more susceptible to frost and freezing damage.
- A layer of mulch can reduce soil erosion during excessive rainfall by preventing substantial runoff which allows plant beds to better absorb rainwater.
- Mulch gives landscape beds a more neat and polished appearance, enhancing your current landscape design.
Protect your landscape and set up a mulch installation today.
We've been the trusted landscape company in the greater East Lansing, MI area for nearly two decades! Call us at (517) 333-7999 to schedule a mulch installation for your home or commercial property in East Lansing, Okemos, Haslett, MI, or a nearby city.