Irrigation start-up services for East Lansing, Okemos, Haslett, and more in Central MI.
Get a head start on your spring lawn prep by scheduling an irrigation start-up service for your sprinkler system!
When your yard starts to come out of its winter hibernation, it's time to start thinking about spring lawn care! Now that warmer weather is rolling in, your lawn needs more attention and maintenance so it can survive and stay healthy throughout the summer.
Gradually watering your grass during the spring will help it beat the summer heat, which makes an irrigation start-up service a top priority on your spring lawn care checklist!
If you've had your entire sprinkler system winterized, our technicians will come and perform a complete spring start-up inspection and system turn-on so you don't skip out on your spring watering schedule! Our company services both residential and commercial properties that are located near East Lansing, Okemos, Haslett, MI, and other various cities in the Mid-Michigan area.
Why should you start your sprinkler system after winter?
If you've ever walked onto a lawn that's bone-dry, then you know how uncomfortable and crunchy it can feel under your feet. Extended periods of drought can kill your lawn entirely, and there's no way to bring it back. This is different with dormant lawns, which can be revived within three to four weeks if the grass is being watered regularly. By starting up your sprinkler system soon after winter, you can quickly begin reviving your lawn by keeping to a regular watering schedule.
How do we complete a spring start-up for your irrigation system?
During your irrigation start-up service, we test and inspect every component of your system and reprogram the controller to align with your new lawn watering schedule.
We've included a breakdown of our complete irrigation start-up process below so you know all the steps our crew takes to ensure your sprinkler system is working properly:
- Step 1: The main water valve is slowly opened so the pipes can gradually be filled with water. Doing this step too fast can cause damage to the irrigation lines from the high surge of pressure, and may even cause the pipes to burst.
- Step 2: The valve box for your irrigation system is carefully inspected for any signs of damage or leaks.
- Step 3: We'll make sure that all the valves and drains are open and connected to the water source.
- Step 4: After the sprinkler system controller is turned on and checked to ensure the program is functioning properly, we'll verify the proper settings and operation of each designated zone.
- Step 5: While your sprinkler system is running, our technicians will look for signs of low water pressure, damaged sprinkler heads, and check if your lawn is getting proper water coverage.
- Step 6: If we come across any broken or cracked sprinkler heads or pipes, our team will make the necessary repairs or component replacements upon your approval.
- Step 7: Weather sensors installed on any irritation system are inspected and cleaned so there are no visible obstructions.
- Step 8: Once the entire system is successfully up and running, we will program the controller set to your designated spring watering schedule.
Schedule your irrigation start-up service with us today so your lawn can start looking greener and lusher in the first week of spring!
Dry, brown lawns don't mix with the beauty and freshness of spring, so make sure you wake up your sprinkler system from its winter sleep by scheduling an irrigation start-up service! Get your lawn looking lush and green by the first week of spring by calling our team at (517) 333-7999. Our company works on both home and commercial irrigation systems for properties located in East Lansing, Okemos, Haslett, MI, and other communities in Central Michigan.