Nurture your residential or commercial lawn with our fertilization services in East Lansing, Okemos, Haslett, MI, and nearby cities.
Maintain a healthy, beautiful lawn throughout the year with our season-long fertilization program.
Having a thriving, lush lawn boosts your curb appeal, but it also means your grass is fairly healthy. This doesn’t happen by chance, it requires a little TLC and some professional lawn care. Fertilization is a critical element of lawn care and lucky for you, that is our specialty! Your residential or commercial property lawn will be stronger, more resilient, and most of all, look better with the help of our services.
Learn more about our fertilization services offered to properties in East Lansing, Okemos, Haslett, MI, and neighboring areas in Mid-Michigan.
Fertilization treatments provide lawn grass with long-term protection.
Fertilizer contains a mixture of nutrients that are vital for lawn growth and should be applied regularly throughout the growing season. Fertilizer has three key nutrients that give your lawn the strength it needs to grow healthy and fight off lawn disease and insects. These essential nutrients are:
- Nitrogen - Nitrogen promotes healthy growth and will actually make your grass greener and brighter. Yellowing grass is a sign of nitrogen deficiency.
- Potassium - This nutrient helps encourage root development and can also make the lawn more stress-tolerant to issues like drought.
- Phosphorus - Phosphorus must be applied appropriately, and lawn care experts in Michigan are encouraged to use it sparingly.
Our Fertilization Program
Our lawn fertilization season is from April to November with each session scheduled between 6-8 weeks apart for a total of 5 applications per year. The first two applications will include a post and/or pre-emergent herbicide for crabgrass with the third treatment containing a grub prevention solution.
What happens if you don't fertilize your lawn?
Having a balanced lawn care system is key to maintaining a healthy lawn year-round. Lawn grass needs constant nourishment and sometimes irrigation systems can inadvertently carry these nutrients out of your lawn. Fertilization treatments supplement those key nutrients and without them, your lawn will suffer.
Lawns can suffer without fertilization in these ways:
- An unhealthy lawn is more susceptible to lawn disease and insects
- Lawn grass will have a nutrient deficiency and may display yellowing and patching
- Insufficient nutrients can affect the soil and stunt lawn growth
All rules regarding phosphorus fertilizer applications in Michigan are strictly followed by our company.
Beginning on January 1, 2012, the government of Michigan outlined new rules for fertilizer application treatments containing phosphorus in what is known as the Public Act 299 of 2010. The act restricts residential and commercial lawns, including athletic fields and golf courses, from using a fertilizer with phosphate unless the reason for it falls under certain conditions.
Act 299 states that phosphorus can only be included in a fertilization treatment:
- When a soil test shows phosphorus is needed to help with nutritional deficiencies
- For a newly established turf (seed or sod)
- On golf courses as long as the current manager has completed a Michigan Department of Agriculture and Rural Development approved training program
Fertilization keeps your lawn in top shape. Schedule your service with us today!
Outdoor Expressions Landscaping has several years of experience with providing our clients with effective fertilization services. Maintaining a healthy, lush lawn requires regular services throughout the year.
We provide services for residential and commercial properties in East Lansing, Okemos, Haslett, MI, or a neighboring city! Call us at (517) 333-7999 to have our team of experts come and improve the quality and appearance of your lawn today.